The Museum has :-
- a large modern tea room which serves hot and cold drinks and light refreshments.
- a gift shop selling a range of clothes, books and souvenirs.
- a picnic area with tables & seats just outside the shop.
- ample parking
- well-behaved dogs are welcomed
- modern toilet facilities, including an easy-access toilet with a hand-rail
- a touch-screen research computer which allows access to certain websites
For children, the museum has:-
- a free ink-stamper trail
- a fun quiz sheet and wordsearch
- a good range of pocket-money toys and trinkets
- a Lego and colouring corner in the tearoom
Please note, due to the nature of the Museum Buildings, some parts are not accessible by wheelchair.
The tearoom, gift shop and toilets are accessible.